Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines Day

We pulled it off! We managed to get all the kids in bed, the kitchen cleaned, and we sat down to a nice, candlelight dinner by 7:30. I fed the kids at about 5:30, and we put them to bed nice and early. When Austin was protesting (it's a blessing and a curse that he's learned how to tell time), Greg explained that him going to bed early is his Valentine's gift to Mommy. It really was so pleasant to enjoy each other's company for dinner. Even though it was a South Beach meal, we did grill steak (Greg's favorite). I'm not the greatest when it comes to romance - Greg is SO much better. But, we both kind of agreed not to make a big deal out of today. Poor Macy - her school was cancelled because of the snow, and she was extremely upset about it. You'd think a cancelled Valentine's Party was the end of the world. Greg got me some orange tulips (my favorite flower) and three red roses for Macy to cheer her up. It was very sweet.

Here's a picture of our night. I know...I know...at first glance, you might think you're looking at Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (we get that a lot!).
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

3 comments:

paige said...

That picture is so great. I hope Greg enjoyed his tall glass of "apple juice!" It's fun to celebrate a Hallmark Holiday if it means getting a break from your kids for a candle light dinner!

Jen-ben said...

I love the picture of you and Greg. :)

Lindsay said...

LOL, you make me laugh, you guys are just gorgeous!