Friday, February 8, 2008

Tagged...Twice!!!

Tag #1: I'm It

Ten Years Ago: February 1998
I was living in New York, working as a nanny. I had finished two years of college and had run out of money. I worked as a nanny and cleaned houses for a year in New York, but I saved enough to complete the next two years of school. I love New York! I love the city; I love the beach; I love the Long Island accent (which I can slip into quite easily); I love the people.

Five Things On My To-Do List Today:
1. Buy a "Repentance Bench"
2. Grocery shopping
3. Get the kid's in a bath (1 in 3 - not bad)
4. Order pictures of our trip
5. Surprise Greg by wearing nothing but an apron, bright red lipstick, and high heels when he walked in the door (Unfortunatley, I don't own high heels - or bright red lipstick, and the kids weren't too enthusiastic about going to bed at 4:30 in the afternoon. Dang...maybe in about 20 years!)

Things I Would Do If I Were Suddenly Made A Billionaire:
Panic (money gives me hives) and Travel!

Three Of My Bad Habits:
1. Biting my nails.
2. Picking at my husband.
3. Sometimes...if I'm really, really tired...I won't brush my teeth before going to bed - Disgusting!

Five Places I Have Lived:
1. Murray, UT
2. Jackson Hole, WY
3. Long Island, NY
4. Ogden, UT
5. West Jordan, UT

Five Jobs I Have Had:
1. Take 5 Drive-In (off State and 5400 South)
2. Janitor (one of my many incentives to go to college)
3. Shipping Warehouse for a Golf store
4. Trolley Taffy Company
5. Creating Copper Postcards
*This doesn't even get me out of High School!

Five Things Most People Don't Know About Me: I'm an open book! This one was hard!
1. I get nervous in big groups of people (like more than 3). When we first moved into the Ward, I used to take Austin with me to Relief Society Enrichment Night so I would know someone (he was a couple months old!)
2. I sold my blood in college to pay the bills
3. I kissed my husband on our first date (it wasn't an actual date, just the first night we met)
4. I've only been to two concerts in my life: John Denver and Bare Naked Ladies
5. I really love mob movies.

Tag #2: Husband Tag

What is his name? Gregory Clifton, but he also answers to Greorg, Cliftofter Clobbin, "Bud", and "The King"
How long have you been married? 9 years in July
How long did you date? We dated 4 months weeks before getting engaged & 3 months before getting married!
How old is he? 30-something
Who eats more? He does.
Who said "I love you" first? I don't remember! We were such dorks when it came to talking marriage. We used to say, "If we end up together.
Who is taller? Greg. It would be pretty sad if he were shorter than 5'2"
Who sings better? Me; unless we attend a luau. He's pretty amazing when it comes to singing the praises of "our friends from the Middle East."
Whose temper is worse? It's a toss-up! He would definitely say that mine is worse, but if you take PMS days out of it, I think we're pretty even.
Who does the laundry? Me
Who does the dishes? Both of us; but he is really great about cleaning up the kitchen at the end of the day, especially when I feel like I'm going to lose it if I have to do one more dish.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do
Who pays the bills? Greg (money gives me hives)
Who mows the lawn? I've never even turned on a lawn mower in my entire life!
Who cooks dinner? Me! Sometimes, when I'm not home, he'll whip up "Mission Surprise" (egg noodles, a can of tuna fish, and Miracle Whip - Yum!)
Who drives when you are together? Greg
Who is more stubborn? Me!
Whose parents do you see the most? Mine - They live about 10 minutes away! Sometimes they show up unannounced when Greg isn't dressed. Those are funny times!
Who proposed? Greg
Who has more friends? Me
Who has more siblings? Greg is the fifth of eight, and I am the oldest of five.
Who wears the pants in the family? Greg would definitely say that I do.

I've said it before, but he's just the greatest! When I think about the guys I could have married, or the girls that he could have married, it really scares me. I think we're pretty good together. I'm so grateful that I get to share this life with a person that loves to laugh (who can resist Greg's "belly laugh"), cares so deeply about me, sees the best in me, forgives me so easily, and just adores me for the person that I am (warts and all). I couldn't ask for more! Engaged, in New York, 1999, and he's wearing his "dating shirt"

8 comments:

Colette said...

How cute! I think you are so funny Emily.

Marianne said...

Ah. John Denver. That was a sweet concert.

Amber said...

Were you tagged by Paige? I tagged her with these two same exacts ones last week! Funny how these things go around.

I loved the part about the apron- I had no idea you were so saucy!

Jen-ben said...

A dating shirt....dang that's what I needed all of those years.
Amber...she is much saucier than most any woman I know....just ask her. You'll get much needed information.
p.s. yes, I did feel quite free to steal your editorial on our trip, I was going to mention that to you... :) Sorry, it's just that I'm so lazy.

Lindsay said...

I've been to about 3 John Denver concerts! I cried when he died...sniff.

Alexie said...

Well, i have a plethora of high heels to lend out and about 3 tubes of bright red lipstick. Curtis said wecould take the kids at 4:30 one day, bgut we're bringing them back for bedtime. :o)

Anne Gould said...

First off holy cow - kissing the night you met?!?!?! Talk about saucy!...I had no idea! You go girl.

Secondly - You and Greg look exactly the same as you did 9 years ago! How is that possible? That picture is darling!

I'm enjoying reading your blog.

Kristy said...

I love reading these little known facts about people. That's great that you even thought about the naked apron shenanigan!