Thursday, February 7, 2008

Paige - My Sweet Little Chocolate Lover

We were at Macy's dance class today, and Paige was crawling around. There is just a small little section of four benches where you can sit and watch the girls dance through some windows. Paige had found a little baby to play with. We were all watching the girls, when I realized that I hadn't heard from Paige for a while. I noticed that she had stopped playing with the baby, and she had stolen ond of the dad's chocolate brownies that he had brought with him to eat. She downed the entire thing. I tried to pry it out of her hands, but she had a death grip on that chocolate. These pictures don't do it justice. There was chocolate down her shirt, all over her jacket and pants, and her shoes were completely brown (she grabbed her feet after she was finished eating). This is how Paige plays Peek-a-Boo. So, she got chocolate in her hair as well. When we got home, I threw her in her bathtub (the sink). After a few minutes, Macy decided to climb in. They were entertained for about an hour, and I was able to clean the entire kitchen. Then, Macy put Cucumber Hand Soap in her hair, which inevitably got in her eyes, and the fun ended. Paige Update: She is still my ray of sunshine. She is starting to "talk" a little more. She will try to repeat almost anything we say. But, she does say "Hi" ("I") whenever she sees us. She also says "Peek-a-boo" (Pa-boo), "Baby" (ba-ba), and "All Done" (Ah-da) quite regularly. She likes to say "Dad" but just smiles when I try to get her to say "Mom." She does point at everything, plays peek-a-boo, claps, and finds everybody's eyes (mostly stuffed animals). She loves to take her shoes and socks off, and doesn't want to stay still during a diaper change. She is finally entertaining herself in her crib when she wakes up instead of crying instantly. I'll hear the music from her mobile start playing. She is a professional at standing, and she's taken a few steps here and there (when she isn't thinking about it),but she won't let go of things to walk yet. She LOVES to eat. She is definitely happiest in her high chair. She'll eat anything! She hugs me, smiles, and squeals all the time. I love her to pieces!

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago. She desperately wanted to go outside and play in the snow with Austin and Macy, but she had a runny nose, so mean Mommy wouldn't let her. She watched through the window while Daddy and the kids played.

2 comments:

Greg said...

How cute is this little button? I love coming home from work or seeing her in the morning. She gets all excited saying "dad." She crawls to my legs, sits up, and looks right at me (totally expecting to be picked up immediately). I don't want her to grow up!

Jen-ben said...

oh my gosh Emily that 2nd to last photo of her splashing in the tub is AMAZING!! I love it soooo much. That's a must print and display in her room photo!