Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Did It!

I stuck to the South Beach diet for 2 weeks (for those of you who aren't familiar with it, the first two weeks are pretty strict - only meat, eggs, some cheese, and vegetables). My cheating was VERY minimal (I had one bite of cake on my sister's birthday - and it was an actual, normal bite). I actually thought the food that you get to eat is pretty good, the really hard part is everything you CAN'T eat. Anyway...I lost 5 pounds the first week and 1 pound the second week. I'm a little disappointed in that "1"; I was hoping to be 130 at the end of two weeks. I did put on some pre-pregnancy pants today and they went on very easily (not too big, not too small). That felt good. I'm thinking that 120 is pretty unrealistic. I'd like to get down to 125 though. I think all of my old clothes will fit at that weight. We'll see. I'm pretty sure that it will take me the next several months to lose those 6 pounds. I'll still stick to the diet, but I'm not going to be as strict as I have been. If I'm at a party, I'll have a small piece of cake.

(Look how easily I'm talking about weight.
It's therapy - working through my craziness.)

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good for you! Diets are soooo hard for me, I never had to do it till after my second baby and I'm not good at it, I like to eat what I want, I can exercise till the cows come home, but diet....ugh.

Oh and when we all have a girls night, cause I think we should,(me, you, Jen and Kristy) then maybe you could be a little lax on the 'ol diet?

Kristy said...

I am totally in on a girls night! Good job Emily on the diet, man that's a superhuman feat of willpower. I'm staying away from dairy because we think it upsets Kate's stomach, and man, I just wanna dive off the nearest cliff without all my favorite treats!

Jackie said...

Yeah Emily! I'm sure that you feel great! I wish I could diet. I tried weight watchers and only lasted for 2 days. I just can't deal with it. If I say I'm on a diet then food totally consumes my thoughts the entire day so I think I end up eating more!

Kimberly Porter said...

Great job, Emily! That is definitely something to be proud of. :)

Jen-ben said...

GOOD JOB!!! Now, I'm going to bring you some very very fatty chocolate cake...