Friday, February 8, 2008

A Date With Daddy

Last night, Austin got invited to eat dinner at his friend's house. Macy was a little bummed out, se we decided to surprise Daddy with a special dinner when he got home. We set up the card table and chairs in the basement. I told her that I would go get something pretty to cover the table, she said, "Like my Princess sheets." I was thinking just a normal tablecloth, but her idea was much better. So, she set the table with her Princess sheets and plastic Princess dishes. She wanted to cook dinner by herself. So, she arranged the chicken nuggets on the cookie sheet and put them in the oven. While they were cooking, she went to the pantry and got some canned peaches, which she dropped and shattered all over the kitchen floor (the picture doesn't do it justice - there was sticky, peach juice running down all of the cupboards and under the table, not to mention ALL the little shards of glass). Maintaining my patience (I know - what a miracle!), we calmly walked downstairs and got a second bottle of peaches. So, while she and Daddy had a nice dinner, I cleaned up the peaches. (I did curse when I stepped on some broken glass, but luckily Paige was the only one around to hear it. Then, I got smart and put on some shoes.) While Macy got dressed in her wedding dress, Daddy put on some "romantic" music. Greg said that he tried to dance with her, but she didn't like it. Macy poured "tea" throughout dinner, and Greg said that she spilled every single time (I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the Princess sheets are drenched). They had a great time! We really should do more one-on-one with our kids. They are in heaven when they get 100% of the attention. This picture is from a couple weeks ago. I asked her to get dressed, and she remained naked in her room for about 45 minutes. I walked by her room and said, "You decided to get dressed, huh." She said, "Yes...but what do I do about this?" Then, she lifted up her shirt to reveal what she had been doing for the past 45 minutes. It was permanent marker. She was so upset with me that I didn't clean it off. Honestly Macy...you are almost four years old! I thought you knew better than to draw on yourself. And how on earth did you end up with a permanent marker in your room? I was positive that we had those locked in a Safe Deposit Box somewhere. Alas...my little human tornado:

3 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I'm sooooo glad you got pics of that! I love the belly pic!

Alexie said...

You didn't get Greg a tophat or something fancy to wear, too?!

Kristy said...

Congratulations on maintaining your patience with the peaches!