Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kids are Hilarious!

I love teaching piano (most of the time). I really enjoy the kids that I teach. Yesterday, Maddie came to piano and I had Paige in the room with me. Maddie is Jen's oldest and she is adorable. She is very social and speaks very fast and energetically. But, she is so genuine. This is our conversation when she walked in the door:

Maddie (looking at Paige): What's your favorite part about being a mom?
Me (thinking, and a little taken back by such a big question): ...
Maddie: I know! I bet it's having kids.
Me (amused): You're right! That is my favorite part. Doing laundry is definitely NOT my favorite part.
Maddie (continuing with her thought): Can you imagine what it would be like if you didn't have your kids. It would be so boring. I mean, it would just be you and your husband and no kids. (Laugh) That would be soooo boring! (Laugh)

I laughed about this for hours. I love the perspective of little kids.

2 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I may have to steal this and put it on my blog. The girl cracks me up!

Emily said...

Go ahead - I stole your pictures of my Maddie.