Monday, September 15, 2008

Spotlight: My Grateful Moment

We have the greatest neighbors!  This was my Grateful Moment from last Friday, but it was too good not to have its very own post:
9/12: Today I'm grateful for our neighbor, Meagan (aka Martha Stewart) who followed the promptings of the spirit and sent over two huge pieces of chocolate cake at 9:30 tonight.  Just a half and hour earlier, I was scouring the house for the perfect little goodie - but gave up because the "piano treats" were not satisfying my need.  This chocolate cake was unreal!  Greg took one bite and exclaimed, "What kind of chocolate does she use?!?  This is better than dessert at a restaurant!"  It really was the best piece of chocolate cake I have ever eaten.  I tried to eat slowly to savor every bite.  I ran to the post office (trying to make the 10 p.m. deadline), leaving Greg completely content with his chocolate cake and contemplating how lucky Eric is to be married to Superwoman!  Thanks Meagan!  You truly are amazing!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Does she give out her recipe? Because I'm drooling right now and I LOVE chocolate cake!

Jackie said...

I was also blessed to have some of Meagan's chocolate cake! She called me to see if I wanted a couple of slices. Like she needs to ask....lol. The kids brought them in and I had to race them to the kitchen to the forks. I made them share their piece so that I could have one all to myself. Heaven- pure and simple! It is one of my favorite things- with cold milk. Thanks Meagan! We love you!

Laura said...

I too was a lucky recipient. Heavenly is the best way to describe it. I was making Josh's birthday cake Friday afternoon (and calling Meagan every 10 minutes for advice) and Meagan said it made her in the mood for cake too. However, I must tell you Meagan's cake was a gajillion times better than the cake I made. Josh's cake did turn out pretty cute though. Thanks Meagan!!! You're the best. Even Josh, who does NOT like chocolate, adores this cake! :)

Jana said...

Emily, I put something on my blog today and I'm curious to see if it makes sense to you, considering the perfectionism thing you posted about before and that whole tired thing and all that stuff I've been writing about. (Can I be any more vague?) Oh and by the way, if you saw a 480 number on your caller ID a few days ago it was me!!

Valerie said...

I think I'm going to move back into the neighborhood!