Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Paige's Busy Day

Paige cracks me up - ALL DAY!  These are just a few highlights from Tuesday:
  • Paige locked herself in my closet while I was in the shower.  Our closet is in our bathroom, and I heard her go in there and shut the door (she is crazy about shutting doors).  I had shampoo in my hair, so I called her name and she answered - confirming that she really was in the closet and I knew the light was NOT on.  I finished my shower, got out, and opened the door just a crack.  I see four little fingers, crazy hair, and two little eyes and hear "Peek-oo Mommy.  Peek-oo" followed by a little giggle.  She was locked in the closet for a few minutes without any light and she didn't even cry!  Sweetness!
  • Paige learned how to undress herself today.  Every time I saw her, she had her shirt off, shorts off, and had attempted to push her diaper off.  As a result, you saw just about an inch of "crack."  Adorable!  
  • Paige is absolutely obsessed with the potty.  Every time she walks by, she says, "Bye bye pooh-pooh.  Bye bye."  Yesterday, she insisted on sitting on the potty.  She probably sat there for 5 minutes.  Every time I reached out my hands to help her off and ask if she was "All Done?" she pushed my hand away and said "No, Mommy. No."  Nothing happened, but she did wear Ariel panties over her diaper the rest of the day.  She seemed content with that.  Hilarious!I've been playing around with the settings on my camera, and I got "stuck" (accidentally) between two settings, and this was the result.  WAY over-exposed, but kind of a cool way to modestly display a picture of my Sweetness on the potty.  
  • Paige climbed up on the bed where Max (2 months) was lying.  She brought a bee toy (you pull the string and it vibrates).  She kept saying, "Baby, Mommy.  Baby."  She made certain that her head was directly next to his, and she pulled the string for "baby."  So loving!
  • Paige loves, loves, loves to color.  She's pretty good at keeping it on paper and her body.  With pen or marker all over her belly, arms, and legs, she looked at me and said, "Uh oh, Mommy.  Uh oh" - as if it was some grand accident.  Beautiful!
  • Paige has decided that if you push the Speaker button on the phone, it will automatically get Dad.  I caught her walking around (naked of course) with the dial tone blaring, the Speaker light flashing red, and Paige: "Hi Dad.  Hi."  Clever!
  • Paige sat on my lap for 20 minutes and occupied herself by putting plastic shapes down my shirt, saying (with her arms out) "Where go, Mommy?  Where go?" and fishing them out again.  When they had all mysteriously disappeared, she said, "All dumb (done) Mommy.  All dumb."  Well said!

6 comments:

Andee said...

If Josh even shuts himself in a well-lit room he starts screaming. Tough little girl!

Brian and Kim said...

She is so funny!!!

Lindsay said...

She is sweetness! I don't even know her and reading this post made me want to eat her up!

Emily said...

Andee - She is one tough cookie! My other kids would definitely be screaming.

Lindsay - She is quite scrumptious. I frequently find myself nibbling on her cheek.

Jackie said...

So cute! All of my kids just love Paige. Love the black and white picture. Adorable!

Jen-ben said...

Oh my goodness...where have I been? NOT blog hopping ovbiously! You have so many posts I haven't seen. These pics are so hilarious! I love them!