Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall Family Fun

A couple of weeks ago, I skipped out on making dinner (for the kids), and picked up some pizza.  We decided to have a picnic in the backyard and enjoy the nice September weather (finally).  It was so pleasant.  I just lounged on the blanket and enjoyed watching my rag-a-muffin kiddos enjoy their carefree evening.

Definition: Rag-a-muffin = My Sweet Paige

You know before you had kids, when you were the perfect parent and knew exactly how you'd react in every situation (and it was always with an extremely level-head and unbelievable patience) and you said things like, "My child will never..."  Come on - You know you did it.  I always say that I was the perfect parent before I had kids. Now that you have kids (and you realize more and more with every child you have that you actually know nothing about parenting), you end up eating your words.  Well...This night was one of those times when I was eating more than pizza.  Just look at my daughter!  Never-mind the hair (Pebbles Flinstone anyone), notice the extremely full diaper, the dirty shirt, and the face - What can you say about that face.  She and Austin downed an entire bag of Crazy Bread all by themselves.  Of course, I'm not too sure how much of it ended up on the inside.
This is our peach tree that produced peaches for the first year.  Yay!  Greg picked the good peaches (ones that had not been eaten by the birds - every time I come outside, 20 birds fly out of that tree - Crazy) and set them aside.  Then, he showed Austin how to throw the rotten ones (ones that had fallen out of the tree on their own) over the fence.  We have a canal road behind us - and we're lazy.  Thinking he was helping, Austin threw a pile of peaches over the fence.  They happened to be all the good ones.  Valiant effort, Bud!

Last week, Alexie invited us to go bowling one Friday afternoon.  My kids live for bowling.  They absolutely love it.  All I have to say is that I am WAY better at Wii bowling than real-life bowling.  But it was still fun, and the kids get insanely excited whenever any of the pins fall down.  It took Abby a while to warm up, but I think she had fun in the end.

Macy's pictures are in real time.  Yes...I know that this is a still photograph.  



3 comments:

Jana said...

You get a Good Mom Award.
What fun stuff you have been doing with your kids! They are so cute. The good kind of rag-a-muffin! And yeah, I remember saying I'd never take my kids out in public if they didn't at least have a clean face. But sometimes, you don't even notice it!

Heidi said...

I love the pics so far, but I took it for granted that you know my new address: its 596 w Stonebridge. If you already sent the CD, Alison & Troy will get it so I'll get it eventually. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

Jackie said...

I love that picture of Macy with her hands on her hips bowling! That "stance" must be something that girls are just born with. Claire always has her hands on her hips. Usually it's while she's giving me some "attitude."