Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Harvest Time


I love this time of year!  We have a very small garden, and I should spend more time in there giving it the TLC that it so desperately needs, but I absolutely love going in the backyard and picking fresh, ripe fruits and veggies.  In addition to the zucchini, tomatoes, and carrots, we enjoyed some delicious corn-on-the-cob, basil, some spinach, the sweetest cherry tomatoes, and a couple of peaches (although the birds have enjoyed those more than we have - I guess we need to spray next year).  We also have our very own pumpkins growing, and it looks like we'll have enough for every person in our family to carve their very own Jack-O-Lantern.  

We've got an abundance of tomatoes, some zucchini, butternut squash, and carrots if anyone wants anything!  Just stop by or leave a comment and I'll send my kids with their basket of "organic", fresh veggies.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Your first picture is BEAUTIful! I'd love some veggies- send your kids on over! ;-)

Jackie said...

I would love some veggies also! Although I would feel like one of the animals in the Little Red Hen story. I'd be partaking while you did all the work. :-)

Alexie said...

Can i bring Abby over and have her pull a carrot out of the ground? I am hoping she might be more interested in veggies if she had a hands on experience.

Alexie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexie said...

Can i bring Abby over and have her pull a carrot out of the ground? I am hoping she might be more interested in veggies if she had a hands on experience.