Monday, September 8, 2008

A Couple of Thoughts Before Bed

  • I wore a new shirt today, and I didn't notice that the tag was still on it until I took it off tonight.  So, in my mind, I'm just quickly running through all the places that I actually went today to decide if I should be embarrassed or not.  

  • Most of the time, I love the blogging world.  But, sometimes, I get Blog-Surfing, and I start to feel so miniscule, hokey, and like everything I do is mediocre (at best). 

  • I'm on a hunt for the perfect bedding.  We have lived in our home for 8 years.  I guess it's time to decorate.  I have some ideas in my head (I'm horrible at decorating), but I need to pick out the bedding first and then select a paint color and accessories.  I don't want anything "typical" (I refuse to buy another "Bed in a Bag").  Does anyone have any ideas of a store or fun website?

  • I've decided to start up my earring collection again.  When I was in high school and college, I used to collect off-the-wall earrings.  Some of them were vintage, some were unique, and some were just downright cheap (I bought these brown, plastic clip-ons once just because they were 19 cents).  I have since let my daughter get into the collection.  Let me just say that there were very few survivors, but stunningly accessorized dress-up tea parties.  I used to be fun.  I used to be goofy.  I want to find that part of myself again.  

9 comments:

Colette said...

I just bought a new quilt at the quilt shop at Gardner Village... They always have cute bedding.

Jen-ben said...

bedding is so hard to find! but Target does have some cute stuff sometimes...you could always try tjmaxx too.
so funny about the tag. but it's not like you were walking around with a boob hanging out. :)

Amber said...

I don't know what's funnier- that you walked around with a tag on your shirt or Jen's comment that at least it wasn't a boob!!! I laughed out loud.

IKEA has unique bedding, if you want something a little funky.

Lindsay said...

I feel the exact same way as you as far as blogging goes. Somedays I love it, somedays I can't handle it because of the way it makes me feel sometimes.

Buy a down comforter and then buy a duvet cover. The reason I like the idea of duvets, is that you can change them out more easily than a regular comforter. You can also find duvets cheap sometimes. I just re-did our bedroom and found my duvet at TJ's for $24!

Jackie said...

We bought our quilt at The Quilt Shop also. Expensive, but best time to buy there is in January when they have a coupon event for 20-40% off. I also got Claire's duvet cover there on clearance. My mother-in-law lives at TJMaxx. I don't have patience for that store but she always finds good stuff.

Too funny about the tag! Better on the shirt than the little "sticker" tag on the outside of pants that says what size they are. :-)

Jana said...

Hey Emily, Thanks for your comment on my blog! I was talking to Jen today (complaining to her) and I said maybe I have CFS and she said you have that...even if it's something they can't help with, it seems like it would be helpful to give it a name so I don't feel like a hypochondriac or something!! At least I know somebody else feels the same way...
So sometime we should talk about being the primary president...I always want to know how other people feel about it.

Alexie said...

i think you should go over to dana tye's house fopr some inspiration. we went over the other day (mom and I) and she has done some REALYY cute things to her rooms. just a thought.
ps- thanks for watching my kids tuesday!!!

Alexie said...

i think you should go over to dana tye's house fopr some inspiration. we went over the other day (mom and I) and she has done some REALYY cute things to her rooms. just a thought.
ps- thanks for watching my kids tuesday!!!

Alexie said...

i think you should go over to dana tye's house fopr some inspiration. we went over the other day (mom and I) and she has done some REALYY cute things to her rooms. just a thought.
ps- thanks for watching my kids tuesday!!!