Monday, October 8, 2007

Lava Hot Springs

My favorite:



We went up to Rexburg again on Friday to see the Witch Doctor for Austin. We left around 8 in the morning (we were shooting for 7:30, so we did pretty good!). We took the whole family with us. After our appointment, we decided to head to Bear Lake to watch conference with our family. On the way there, we stopped at Lava Hot Springs. This is only one of Greg's favorite places on the planet. When we were dating and newly married, we used to go up there all the time. For any of you that don't know - Greg has gills, especially when it comes to hot water. He can easily spend 3 hours in a hot tub, while I last about 15 minutes. I was a little worried about the kids. It was quite chilly and raining. But, bad weather is the best time to go. Greg's favorite is when there is snow packed all around the tubs. Anyway...we had a great time. To our surprise, the kids actually lasted about an hour and a half. Paige absolutely loved it. It was like a huge bathtub. It's so nice to do things as a family and have everyone get along!

A tour bus of Korean tourists pulled up right when we did. These people were in love with my girls. I don't know how many of them commented on Macy's blonde hair. And they all asked me how old my baby was, whether she was a boy or a girl, and then oooed and ahhhed. I did my best at trying to communicate given the language barrier. They were all very sweet. One sweet younger woman was there with her husband. We took their picture and she insisted on taking ours. I think she did a pretty good job.
The ambiance around us was indescribably beautiful. The mountains around the hot springs were all different shades of red, orange, and yellow. It really was breathtaking, and these pictures definitely don't do it justice.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh! I would love to go there again! Next time we come up to Utah we must go there. I remember going there a couple of times with Greg and Steve. I don't believe anyone will ever like it as much as Greg! I love all the pics of the kids. You guys have such a beautiful family. It's so fun to see Paige growing...at the same speed as Brooke. It's so fun that they are so close. She looks a lot like you if you ask me. She is SO cute.

Jen-ben said...

So pretty! I want to go! And great pictures!

Greg said...

It is sooo worth the drive if you love to soak your buns. Best $5.50 I could ever spend. By the way.. someone should ask Emily what her favorite memory of Lava Hot Springs would be?

Matt and Lisa said...

So...what is your favorite memory of Lava Hot Springs?

Greg said...

Hmmmm, Still no answer Emily? C'mon let's hear it?