Monday, October 8, 2007

Yoga Baby


Paige is crawling already! My sister has called her “Yoga Baby” for about a month because she gets up on her hands and feet with her bum in the air. Sometimes she even lifts one leg. She usually gets in this position and then kind of leaps forward to get around. She’s moving on to actual crawling now. She’s on her hands and knees. And she can easily go from sitting to crawling position. She figured this out just over a week ago and it has transformed her world. She’s still working on the coordination of moving arms and legs together, but it doesn’t stop her. She can get just about anything she wants. She travels from the living room to the kitchen stopping to explore everything in her path.

Where is my baby going? When she started this crawling at the insane age of 6 months, Greg really encouraged her by putting objects just outside her grasp. I would come by and put them right next to her so she wouldn’t have to try to move. I’m just having a hard time accepting the fact that she’s growing so fast! With your first child, nobody tells you to relish every moment. (If they did – I’m sure I didn’t listen. It’s remarkable how much I knew as a brand new mother. Amazingly, my knowledge seems to be disappearing.) Now that #3 has come along, it feels like I don’t get to enjoy the stage before it’s gone. It seems like just yesterday that Austin was Paige’s age – wandering around the house and interested in everything. How is it possible that 6+ years have escaped me!
Paige really has turned into such a fun, happy baby. My babies all start out a little fussy. I’ve actually stopped nursing, and I think that helps her happiness. I was going to wean her gradually over the next few months, but she just lost interest so I quit cold turkey. I never even had a day that I was uncomfortable. Does that tell you anything about my milk supply! It was probably not that great. Anyway…she really is such a pleasant child. She loves me more than my other children ever did. She always wants Mommy, and she almost always stops crying the instant I pick her up (very flattering, but can be somewhat of a burden). Austin and Macy can get her to laugh so easily, and they absolutely adore her. I’ve been so blessed with all my babies – their siblings don’t seem to take out any jealousy on them. Austin and Macy can’t get enough of her (I’ll enjoy that while it lasts). When my sisters and brother and I were young, and we didn’t like what my parents were telling us (probably trying to inflict some horrific rule like curfew or something), my dad would look at us with his hands in the air and say, “Hey…You chose us. We were already here.” I’m so thrilled and grateful that Paige “chose” us!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Collin is almost crawling, too. When did our babies get to be six months old? And who ever heard of crawling at six months? Clara was nine months before she crawled. Love the pictures of Paige. She is so cute.

Greg said...

It is amazing how one little girl could bring so much love into my heart.