Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My Little (Sick) Drama Queen

Poor little Macy got sick last night. She is truly pathetic when she is sick. Paige was too tired last night to drink her bottle, so I knew she wouldn't make it through the night. She got up about 4:30, drank a bottle, snuggled for a few minutes, and then went back to sleep. Shortly after she went down, Macy got up. She threw up every half hour for the next two hours. Greg and I made a pact before we had children that he would do the throw-up since he apparently doesn't have a gag reflex. So, he ran Macy to the bathroom and helped her. As soon as she threw up, she started crying hysterically. When she finally calmed down enough for us to tell what she was saying, she said, "Now I don't have any more blood in my body." Apparently, she thought that she threw up blood (when it was quite obvious that it was corn). Greg held her to calm her down and said to me, "She doesn't feel clammy." Without missing a beat or even lifting her head off his shoulder, and in her most miserable, pathetic voice, she said, "And I don't feel happy." Sorry to laugh at your expense, Sweetie, but you are hilarious when you are miserable!

Later this morning, I gave her a bath to help her feel better. You know how it is when you're sick - you do fine for a little while, and then it hits again. She was feeling pretty yucky near the end of her bath. She was whining and telling me where it hurt, and I was trying to get her washed up as quickly as I could. She stopped, looked up at me, and said, "Can't you make me all better, Mommy?" She stared at me like I really could make her all better. I wish I could (on so many levels). I told her I was doing my best.

3 comments:

Colette said...

Emily your kids are too cute!

Jen-ben said...

After I told Tanner Macy was sick he drew her a picture of "her bones". It's quite beautiful really. He'll have to give that to her so she can see just what her bones look like.

Greg said...

Macy is seriously the drama queen of the family. Austin got sick the next day and showed no signs that he was sick... It was like throwing up was incorporated into his busy day. Play, throw up, jump around, run to and fro, throw up, laugh and giggle, throw up. When he was a baby he had a fever of 105 and was still crawling, investigating, and curiously looking around. Macy would have lethargically been near passd out. These little spirits are so different, aren't they?