Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Heaven...I'm In Heaven"


I have been in charge of the Pennies By The Inch campaign for Primary Children's Medical Center. Several people in the neighborhood helped me by going door-to-door and asking for donations, all I did was organize the routes and collect the money. (Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you who helped so willingly!) Anyway...I told everybody that I would have cookies for their groups or families when they turned in their envelopes. So, I had a stack of cookies by the front door. They were Reams Bakery sugar cookies with a Halloween theme. They were frosted with deep purple frosting and ghost/pumpkin sprinkles, and like I said, they were in closed plastic boxes by the front door.

I was teaching piano the other day and Paige happened to be awake. I brought some toys in the room, and she is really great at crawling around while I teach. I was sitting at the piano bench playing some duets with one little girl to help her with her timing. She was working really hard and was "getting it" so I was quite engaged in helping her. After a couple of minutes, I turned around to find that Paige had crawled over to the stack of cookies, knocked it over which opened one of the boxes, and was frantically stuffing cooking into her mouth. It was hilarious, and there was purple EVERYWHERE! Purple clothes, purple carpet, purple down the heat vent, purple up her nose - I think you get the picture. I was actually able to laugh long enough to get a few pictures. And I did finish the piano lesson after a quick kitchen sink bath for Paigey-Pie.

2 comments:

Jen-ben said...

hehehehe! I'm so glad you got a picture of that!

Greg said...

Mmmmm... Pink cookies are my favorite too! How cute is my little Paigers! I love her. She has brought such a loving atmosphere to our home... Her little smiles and bursts of excitement just melt my heart. I love that little snodgrass.