Saturday, October 20, 2007

Some Fun Pictures

I've never learned how to sew. My mom is such an amazing seamstress, that I never had to learn. She went to college when I was in high school, so I would type her papers for her because I could do it faster, and she would sew for us because she could do it faster (and so, so, so much better). Anyway, I am attempting to make Macy's Halloween costume. She's going to be a Princess Witch (it was the only way to convince her to wear an orange dress instead of yet another boring pink froo froo dress). I figure if I mess this up, it really isn't that big of deal. Last Sunday, my mom helped me cut it out. Macy was adorable, and loved "helping" Nana pin the pattern on the fabric. If you look at the pictures, she looks much more confident that I do!

p.s. Notice Macy's tongue! Do you like the sepia or black-and-white?


We had the privilege of watching my niece, Abby, for a couple hours on Thursday. She was so cute. My kids love, love, love having Abby around! Abby loves her Care Bear!


5 comments:

Jen-ben said...

love the pics!

Greg said...

Emily's poor fingers. She has gone through a box of band-aids from the sewing.... keep it up dear!! (jkjkjk... kidding) I do have to say that I love this quality in Emily. She is so eager to start new projects, hobbies, or try new things. She is so amazing!

Amber said...

Your photography skills have really improved! How much would you charge for a photo session?!?

Emily said...

Very funny, Amber :). It's something that I really enjoy, but I have no idea what I'm doing!

Alexie said...

who knew my abby was so gorgeous!? oh, i did! thanks for the pictures, i need to get copies.