Sunday, October 28, 2007

Playing with Paige

I'm working on taking pictures indoors with the lighting, so I was playing around in Paige's room the other day. It's the smallest room in our house, it has a big window, and I've painted the walls yellow so the light bounces around the room. I tried some in the morning and some in the afternoon. I think I like the morning light better. It seems to be a little softer. I still can't work Photoshop - I need to get a book to help me. But, here are some of my favorite pictures.

I'm loving my new hobby, even though I still don't understand much about my camera. I'm trying to work on one aspect at a time. I am seeing the world differently - which I love! I notice the color specs in people's eyes or the shape of their lips instead of what they are wearing or body shape. I think it's a good thing.



I LOVE this one! She has the best tongue ever! It's huge with a darling pointed end. Whenever she is happy - out comes the tongue. If she's really excited, she'll run the point across her top lip. It is absolutely hilarious. What a funny sign of affection.

Paige likes to say "Da...da" and "Na...na" and click her tongue. She'll copy us if we do it. The other morning, she woke up at 6:03 a.m. (a bit too early for my liking). I got her a bottle and put her in bed with us. She likes to snuggle with me in bed and doesn't move (if you can believe it!). She was lying next to me, completely still in the dark of the morning, and let out one little "da" - almost like a whisper. It was hilarious. Greg and I both started laughing.

This is her new trick. She is not even eight months old, and she is a crazy crawler. Now, she pulls herself up on EVERYTHING (her toys, the couch, chairs, the bathtub, our legs). She has a hard time getting down. She thinks about it for a long time, then finally lets go with her hands out, her head up, and her eyes closed. She uses her body to block the blow. Occasionally, she goes down too hard and knocks her head. She's a pretty good sport, though, and rarely cries. She's also started dancing. Whenever there is music, especially from her toys, she bounces and shakes her head. What a pure delight!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Your pictures are so great! The close-ups really show Paige's cute personality!

Greg said...

This kid is a keeper. I have not wanted to sell her to the zoo like the other two. I hope she is not bottling up all her naughtiness for the teenage years. She is an absolute joy and adds such great warmth to our little family.

Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful baby! She seems so sweet and happy too.

You are taking some awesome pictures Emily.

Matt and Lisa said...

These pictures are great! Where are the Halloween pictures? It's November 1st............

JK said...

thank you for inviting me back to view your blog! I still don't know why I was kicked off! Did I do something wrong?

Emily said...

Yes, Joyce. I was holding a grudge, keeping you out of my life on purpose. It's because I heard, through the grapevine, that you now have a blog that you won't let anyone see! Just kidding - I just decided to make it a private blog, and I didn't have your email. I actually asked Lisa for your email about a month ago, but she didn't give it to me. You really should be mad at her. :)

JK said...

Okay, I'll get mad at her when she wakes up......:)

Seriously, you are an awesome writer! This blog has taken the place of my novel! I even read the archives. Pictures are fabulous! I love the one with Austin with the hair in his hands.......classic!
J