Saturday, October 13, 2007

Baseball

I love to watch baseball! I don't follow it too closely during the regular season for a couple reasons: #1 I just don't have that much time, and #2 we don't have any additional TV stations except for regular cable (so, sometimes I turn it on if there is a game on Fox). But, I really do enjoy watching the playoffs. I grew up being taught two things: First, the church is true. Second, you root for the Giants and the Red Sox and never the Dodgers or the Yankees. So, we've got to be rooting for the Red Sox right now. It's so exciting!

Last night, Greg's mom offered to watch the kids while we went out. Instead of someplace nice and romantic, we went to Fiddler's Elbow and watched the game on the big screen TV. We were surrounded by all these college kids drinking beer and rooting for the Red Sox. When we got there, the game was tied at 1-1, so we stayed for a lot of the "action." It was fun, and Greg was a good sport. Plus, I had some fabulous blackened swordfish.

1 comment:

Alexie said...

Of all of us I think you truly are your father's daughter. Blackened sword fish AND the Red Sox? The only thing missing was a Beatles trivia session. (or instructions on the corect way to washa car).