Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On a Lighter Note

My aunt and uncle have the most gorgeous backyard. They have a pond with fish, and they have some ducks that have taken up residence. This year, they have 13 ducklings, and they invited the kids up to see them. Austin and Macy were more intrigued by the swing set and trampoline, but Paige was completely enamored with the fish and ducks. And I got to see my adorable cousins, Annie and Megan, and Annie's adorable little girl, Josie.

It was actually a very frustrating day. It was all because of my expectations. I curled Macy's hair and got them dressed cute so I could take some pictures. I just should have put the camera down and just enjoyed the company of my cousins.  I'm just so stubborn that I get angry instead of just surrendering to ornery and tired kids.  This is how the day really went:

10 comments:

Jackie said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you all had fun. What a fun backyard! I'm jealous! I want ducks....course I wouldn't want all the poop that comes with them. :-)

Jackie said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you all had fun. What a fun backyard! I'm jealous! I want ducks....course I wouldn't want all the poop that comes with them. :-)

Brian and Kim said...

Beautiful!!! Love the pics!

Jackie said...

sorry about the double comment! I'm a dork. :-)

Valerie said...

Oh, Macy is precious! In five years when you pull these pictures out again (that's how far behind I am with scrapbooking!) you won't remember the frustrating things, just how ADORABLE your kids are and sweet those moments were!

Jen-ben said...

ah...so cute. I love the last one of paige!

Colette said...

Oh well even if it was frustrating it looks like a ton of fun!

Colette said...

Oh well even if it was frustrating it looks like a ton of fun!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the pics of kids that are so natural. You are getting really good at photography my friend!

La Toya said...

I agree with Liz. Your pictures look awesome. BTW,I finally update my blog. :)