Monday, June 2, 2008

Fanciness

The other day, Macy was drawing in her new notepads (that Lisa gave her), and she said, "Look Mom...I drew a picture of Lisa with a plume in her hair." Macy gets her "fancy" talk from "Fancy Nancy." I've advertised this book before because it is one of Macy's all time favorites! It is a darling book where the little girl finds fancy words to describe things and loves everything fancy (from feather boas to fuchsia hair mousse). She decides that her family just doesn't understand her and she "teaches" them how to be fancy. The first few pages read like this:

I love being fancy.

My favorite color is fuchsia.
That's a fancy way of saying purple.

I like to write my name with a pen that has a plume.
That's a fancy way of saying feather.

And I can't wait to learn French because everything
in French sounds fancy.
This is another sample of Macy's most recent artwork. She is getting so much better at adding more details to her drawings. Although, I'm not quite sure why Lisa doesn't have eyelashes, legs, or a nose. Hmmm....  Oh well - Can you really complain when you've got a plume in your hair!?!

6 comments:

Amber said...

What a cute book! Oh, Macy, to want to be so fancy, and then call WoW "World of War Crap"! I'm laughing so hard!! That's what I'm going to start calling it now!

Kristy said...

I love the drawings! Thanks for the book recommendation, it sound like it's right up Ella's alley!

Matt and Lisa said...

Thank you so much for the picture, Mace!!! I love it!!

Tera said...

love the eyelashes!

Jackie said...

Too cute!

Jen-ben said...

Those are awesome! Hehehe