Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Family Home Evening

As a result of my trip to Denver, I realized that my kids are old enough to teach Family Home Evening. So, we officially started a new rotation. Macy was the first person to teach the lesson. We talked about it all day. She put on her fire hat and taught us all about fire safety - everything she learned from her trip to the fire station. Apparently, the main thing she remembered was that you should crawl out of the house if it is on fire. So, we practiced lying in our beds and crawling out of the house. Our meeting spot is the lamppost across the street. We did it a couple of times.

I tried asking her some additional questions to get her to teach us some additional info. I asked her, "What do you do if you see a firefighter in the house?" She said, "You go to him." I asked her, "Should you ever hide under the bed or in the closet if there is a fire?" She said, "no." I asked her, "What do you do if you are on fire?" Without missing a beat, she said, "You die."

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

HA HA! Sad thing is, is she's probably right! Oh man, that made me laugh...

Still giggling...

La Toya said...

Too funny!

Jackie said...

LOL! That is great!

Elizabeth said...

That might be one of her best quotes.

Jen-ben said...

:) Too too funny!