Monday, March 10, 2008

Paige's 1st Birthday

Paige turned one last Friday. I can's believe that she is one already! Where did this year go? I think it goes faster with each child. When I was little, my parents always decorated our rooms when we were asleep. I've kind of carried this tradition over to my kids. So, I tied balloons around the crib while she was sleeping. She wasn't too sure of the balloons, though. As soon as she woke up, Austin and Macy were in her room with presents from Grandma Burr. A little overwhelmed, Paige cautiously opened her presents. She was actually pretty good at tearing the paper. Grandma gave her a couple of baby dolls, a singing dog, and a little book that sings. She loves to carry her baby doll around, and now she has a couple of her very own that Macy cannot rip out of her hands. We celebrated her birthday with the family on Sunday night. I made her a bathtub cake because she LOVES being in the tubby. She did pretty good at tearing into it. We actually had to turn the cake around because she reached for the candle (that was lit). I should have taken a picture of that for the social services file. I used black licorice for the spout, and she gnawed on that thing while she flung cake all over the floor. Who knew that babies enjoy black licorice?!? We couldn't find a rubber ducky to float on the "water" so Macy came up with a sheep. Whatever.
I just cannot say enough about how much I love this girl. My babies always seem to start out a little fussy, and she was just the same. I would say the first 4-6 months are a little demanding. But, once she learned to sit up, she has been much more content. She is so happy! She has this crazy, BIG, cheesy smile, and her tongue is out of control. It cracks me up. She looks too small to be toddling around, but she just wanders from room to room, up and down the stairs, gathering little "treasures" along the way. I like it when she toddles into the front room and I hear the soft sound of piano keys. She is my best eater by far, and she is a great sleeper. She has a few words: Uh-oh, Mama, Dada, Baba, Baby, Peek-a-boo, singing the ABCs, singing EIEIO. She claps when I put on Baby Einstein, makes the sign for "more" when it's time to eat, and squeals with delight when I walk in her room to get her out of the crib. She loves to climb on my lap. It isn't enough to stand by me and give me "loves," she has to climb all the way on. She'll actually push Macy off if she's on my lap, too. It's pretty funny! I love her so much, and I can't imagine our life without her. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just want time to stand still from the time my kids are about 8 - 15 months. They are so sweet a lovable at this age, I just love it. She is SO cute, love her big chocolate eyes.

Valerie said...

That little girl is so sweet! I bet she can make you happy even when everything else is total chaos. Happy birthday, Paige!

Kimberly Porter said...

happy b-day, paigie!

Kristy said...

How cute is SHE? And a bathtub cake! I love it! I'm going to steal your idea for decorating the kids rooms on their birthdays.