Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Need Your Opinion...Please

I am really so bad at decorating. I don't really love it because I can't ever make anything look just "right." My budget isn't exactly large either. So...we are remodeling Macy's room (it used to be Austin's). She insisted on pink walls, but I just couldn't bring myself to do the entire thing pink. So, we did the majority of it a light brown with just the top section pink. We are going to put up a white trim in between (it does kind of look like Neapolitan ice cream). Anyway...my mom makes a quilt for each grandchild. Macy's quilt is actually in Paige's room because it matches. So, I thought I would create Macy's room around the quilt. It is really cute chocolate brown, pink, and green. I want to do just a basic, pink bedspread. But, I would like to attempt a cloth headboard. I've seen them do it all the time on "Trading Spaces" and "Home Makeover." You take a board, cut out the shape you want, cover it with padding, then cover it with fabric. You mount it to the wall (Greg's having a heart attack right now) and push the bed up to it. I selected two of the fabric's from the quilt, and I need your opinion about a headboard. What do you think??? Remember...I am so bad at this. I need your opinions. Thanks!
Fabric #1: I like this one, but it only has different shades of pink; there isn't any green.
Fabric #2: You can't tell, but the background is chocolate brown with the green and pink.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

First of all, you're nuts...you really think you can't decorate? Whatever! I can't even come up with things, I have to copy, so I think you are great. Second, NO neopolitan ice cream, it doesn't look like it. Third, LOVE the colors, that is going to look SO cute! And fourth, I'm having a hard time picturing the one with green in it, the back ground looks black on your blog, but that doesn't mean I don't like that one - I do. Let me think....

Matt and Lisa said...

I like option one.

Anonymous said...

It's looking cute! LOVE pink and brown! I'm thinking the first one, but I really don't see how you could go wrong with either.

Brian and Kim said...

I love the first one. By the way, the pink and brown walls are darling!!!

Valerie said...

I think I like the first one too, but I agree it's hard to get a good idea of the second one. Maybe you could get green in somewhere else. Like flower pictures hanging or painted on the walls.

I love the wall colors!!

Kimberly Porter said...

I'm a fan of #1. Good luck!

Jen-ben said...

The brown just doesn't look the same on here as it does in "real life". I love the brown and green! :)

Kristy said...

I like the first one for what it's worth! I'm no good at decorating at all though.

Kristy said...

Oh! by the way, I get my art for my blog at allposters.com. Just type in a general idea of what your looking for and all sorts of fun stuff comes up. Click on the picture to enlarge it and then save it to your computer. At least, that's how I do it...!

paige said...

I like the first one, but I don't know what the quilt looks like. Maybe post pictures of the quilt with both options of fabric... or if that is too hard just choose either one, they both look great! I am excited to decorate Polly's room - it has been full of hand-me-downs & when she moves to a bed I am excited to do something fun.