Thursday, March 13, 2008

Girl Scout Madness

So you know how I have completely lost it on the diet...Well, I decided to do it again. I need to do it for a couple of reasons. First, I just want to do the very strict 2-week portion and come out of it the way I'm supposed to (instead of going completely crazy and eating everything in my path- like the entire bag of chips or cleaning out a half gallon of ice cream). Then, I think I will be pretty strict during the week, and allow myself a little leeway on the weekends. Secondly, I've been getting constant headaches (I pretty sure its from the sugar). I have a really hard time functioning as a pleasant person when I have a headache. For the sake of my family, I need to get rid of these so they won't have to live with the yelling, mean, irrational witch-mother any more. Finally, my back didn't hurt for those two weeks. I bounced out of bed without any pain, and even on really stressful days, I didn't feel it in my back at all. This is the first time in about four years that I've gone more than a a couple of days in a row without any pain! As much as I LOVE sugar (and I really, really do), if I can move like a normal person again, it's worth giving up. So...I started again today. If I don't post it, I'm not accountable (not great on that self-control/self-motivation garbage).

After having made this decision to try the diet one more time, my sister showed up last night with an order of Girl Scout Cookies that I placed a couple of months ago (she's a teacher, and she tries to support her students so I get them through her). Apparently, I just went crazy when ordering this year, because I bought 4 boxes of Samoa's! 4 BOXES!!! What was I thinking?!? I also bought some Thin Mints and chocolate-covered peanut butter things for Greg, but I can easily pass these up. But not Samoas. They are my absolute favorite cookies on the planet. Hello...they have 75 calories in ONE COOKIE - that's obviously why they are so amazing. At this point, I "hid" them in the storage room so I won't tempt myself. I'm not sure if I have the will-power to ration them to one cookie every weekend. So, if you mysteriously get a box of Girl Scout cookies on your front porch, just know that they were haunting me - calling to me in the night, and I couldn't deal with it. You'll be doing me a favor by eating them. All I ask is that you please, please enjoy them as much as I would have! It's mandatory to close your eyes, chew slowly, and occasionally moan a little while eating them. We'll see how I do!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I am dreading going to my MIL's because I know she ordered me some. If she could just keep them there, then I can have one once a month when we go over. Good Luck! I just resisted a king size candy bar and if I can do that, I know you can do this!

La Toya said...

I love the Samoa's yummy. You can send them to me. :) Have you tried doing weight watchers? You could have 1 cookie a day and it would only be 2 points.

Brian and Kim said...

Girl, you are brave!! If they are in my house, I can't forget about them. Good luck, you can do it!!!

Lindsay said...

Yah, I ordered those too. I haven't gotten my order yet, but when I do, they are going straight to the freezer. Samoa's are amazing little things...

Alexie said...

I didn't mean to ruin your diet or trample your will power! but if you have to get rid of the samoas, i'm pregnant and if i want a cookie, i get a cookie. :o)

Jen-ben said...

I'm totally going to stalk your house until they bring them...then take them all. After all, I'll be doing you a favor right?!

Jana said...

You can do it! You really will not have such bad sugar cravings after a few weeks. It is super hard at first but it gets easier and easier. AND you can have sugar-free, fat free chocolate pudding, and there is Dreyer's ice cream made with Splenda that only has like 100 calories, 3 grams of sugar, and 3 grams of fat. I'm a believer. Seriously, if I can do it, anybody can. Ask Jen how big of a chocoloholic I am.

Valerie said...

I ordered gs cookies (samoas in fact) before finding out that I had gestational diabetes. Oh, the torture!!! I was allowed to eat about as many carbs as one cookie had in a whole meal! So, occasionally, that is what I used for my carbs that meal! Good luck, Emily. Don't give them to me!!

Jackie said...

So girl scout cookies just showed up at my house. I didn't even know Spence had ordered them. I was so mad because there weren't any thin mints or shortbread cookies. (My favorites.) There were two boxes of the Samoa's and one box is gone already...

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh the Samoas! Nothing says springtime like girl scout cookies.

Laura said...

Who can resist those darn things, that's what I'd like to know? If they are in my house I'll find them so I try not to keep them around. That's why my kids think they're cookie deprived. But, what are you going to do when they show up on your doorstep? Just share the love! I'll be right over. :)