Friday, March 14, 2008

Macy's Birthday

At first, I didn't think I would mind having my girls birthdays 5 days apart, but it's kind of a lot of "birthday" all at once. Oh well...I guess Greg and I should be aware that June is apparently an extra fertile month. Anyway...

Macy turned "4" on Wednesday, and she woke up the next day and asked if she was "5". I don't think she really "gets" it. But, she was such a happy girl all day long. I guess if every day was Macy's Day, we would get rid of her grumpiness. Since we are painting her room, she's been sleeping on the pull-out bed in the living room. So, I decorated that bed with balloons. Grandma Burr sent two boxes of presents last Saturday. On Monday, I called Greg at work and asked if he would mind if I just let her open those presents. They were haunting her. So, she's kind of had birthday all week long. She opened a Cinderella dress-up and Easter dress with shoes from Greg and I. My mom is going to take her to Disney Princess on Ice on Saturday. It's a surprise, but she "needed" a Disney Princess dress to wear. We spent the day making a mermaid cake.
Macy decided she wanted to go bowling for her birthday. So, we invited Claire, Tanner, and Kathryn to bowling. The kids had a great time, and insisted on doing it by themselves. They got so excited when they knocked down the pins. Tanner was actually quite impressive with two spares - go figure. Then, we came back home for pizza, cake, and presents. I had a hard time covering up the bosoms of the doll that you stick in the cake. It turned out to be kind of X-rated. Luckily, the kids didn't notice. Macy was thrilled with her gifts from her friends - barbie and barbie car, Cinderella Polly Pocket, and a kite. She was in heaven!
I cannot believe it's been four years! Where has the time gone?!? Even though she's a little sassy and emotional, I am so grateful that she is part of our family. She talks constantly, sings all the time, and "pretends" like no other. We love her!

7 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

Happy B-day Macey!! I love the cake, Emily!! You are incredibly talented!!

La Toya said...

That is an awesome Cake!

Kristy said...

I love the cake! Do you have the Wilton Wonder Mold?

Emily said...

Yes I do. I used it a couple of years ago to make a bug cake for Austin. The mold became the "hill," chocolate frosting and crushed up cookies became the ground, and bugs were climbing all over it. It doesn't sound too appetizing when you describe it, but it was really cute. It was expensive, but I figured I would use it quite a bit over the years.

Amber said...

I love the "X rated" cake! You could make one for Greg's birthday this year! :O

It was so fun to see you guys at the temple today! Funny that we only live about 10 minutes apart, but saw each other downtown!

Laura said...

Great cake! What a great cake decorator you are Emily. I can't believe Macy is 4 and Paige is 1. It seems like not that long ago that I was visiting you and Austin was a newborn. Wow!

Jen-ben said...

Although...Tanner seemed to notice the cake... :)
Happy Bday Macy! We love you too!