Monday, March 17, 2008

Lisa Lou

It was my sister's birthday the same day as Macy's. I've been meaning to do a little tribute to her for days. Sorry it's late, but I guess when you're 30 (ha, ha), it doesn't really matter. :)
It's hard for me to think of my life without thinking of Lisa. When we lived in New York (we were both nannies), someone in our ward accused the two of us of being a "clique". We just laughed because I guess our clique started when I was 14 months old. Lisa was always the quiet, sweet little girl with eyes that observed everything! She was (and still is) a homebody. Even when she was 5 years old, my mom had to sneak out of the house whenever we had a babysitter. Lisa loves everyone to be together and happy. Lisa is a very talented singer, and she is extremely photogenic. She looks absolutely stunning in every picture! Lisa enjoys decorating and likes a nice, clean house. Lisa loves her dog, and really likes nice clothing. Lisa was the 2nd mother to Gavin and Maddie. She was always extremely patient and loving. Gavin cried constantly, and when my mom couldn't take it anymore, she handed him off to Lisa. She is so loving!
Lisa loves my kids and they love her. Whenever Paige sees her, she walks (tries to run) to her and says, "Ma, ma, ma" the entire time. I get to be goofy with Lisa (the kind of goofy where my husband just stares at us with a very confused look on his face). We like to play the, "Would you like me if..." game. We try to come up with the most ridiculous things. My favorite is when Lisa tucks her upper lip into her gums and tries to talk. I can't help but laugh just thinking about it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA!
Oh...and she has beautiful ankles!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

She is beautiful - just like you! Aren't sisters the best?

Jen-ben said...

I wish I had beautiful ankles...really.
Happy Birthday LISA! Where's my invite to your blog? :) You 2 are both so beautiful. Nothing like sisters!

Brian and Kim said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!

Anonymous said...

Love sisters! Happy Birthday!

Andee said...

Emily, thanks for the invite! I loved reading about your cute family.

Kristy said...

She sounds like she's truly your best friend! Sisters are the best for being goofy.

Alexie said...

So LIsa's Beautiful and I'm crazy? Super. :o)!!!

La Toya said...

You should video tape the "would you like me if..." game and post it on your blog. That would be very funny. lol