Monday, March 24, 2008

I LOVE 12 Months!

Paige cracks me up! She is developing her personality, and it is hilarious! The other day, Greg was changing her diaper, and she had a little diaper rash. She was crying because she didn't want him to change her. He was holding her down, and she was looking for me and crying, "Ma, ma...Ma, ma." I loved it!

The other night, she was wandering around the house...found this lovely beaded necklace and put it on...looked in her diaper bag (she loves to pull purses and bags apart)...found some snacks...managed to get the lid off...walked around with the bottle tucked under her arm (she loves to hold a bottle or something while she walks)...noticed that some snacks fell on the ground...took some snacks out...attempted to put the lid back on...all while concentrating and just enjoying her freedom. I just enjoyed watching from the sidelines. It is so fun to watch babies learn.

She loves to brush her hair. Sometimes she brushes it with a comb (upside-down, of course), and sometimes she brushes it with a toothbrush. I especially like it when she brushes her teeth first and then her hair. Her slobber acts as a gel. Don't you just love her facial expression - she's concentrating so hard! Paige loves to back up and sit down on things. She's just so content sitting on the bottom stair or a little bench or our laps. It's a crack-up to watch. She looks like she should beep as she backs into her chair of choice.
Her new thing is trying to swallow the water as it comes out of the tap. It is so much fun to watch. She opens her mouth, then leans in, and acts like she's surprised when the water hits her face. When she recovers, she laughs and does it again. And I love to watch her try to "catch" the water.

Paige - You bring so much joy into my life. I love just watching you! Don't you just LOVE this stage! I could always have a 12-month-old in my home!

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I love that age too! Thank you for reminding me to enjoy my toddler, even though she's almost two, she's still way funny.

Jackie said...

She is so cute. I love the pictures of her. I am so glad that you are having so much fun with her and enjoying her so much.

Andee said...

I adore the sink pictures. You make me SO excited for Josh's future stages!

Anonymous said...

What an explorer. She is so beautiful. Great moments to capture on film.

Jen-ben said...

ahhhh...she's so cute! I love 12 months too. It's like they are all of a sudden a real person. :)

Lindsay said...

I love that age too! 8 months till about 15 months. So cute!

Laura said...

What a cutie! Awesome pictures!