Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stranger Anxiety

We are in so much trouble when we leave for Hawaii. Actually, my mother and mother-in-law are in so much trouble while we're gone because Paige is quite attached to me. This is really the first, true experience I've had with Stranger Anxiety. Austin didn't go through it at all. In fact, sometimes I wished that he liked me a little bit more. Macy was a little more attached, but she had no problem going to other people or staying with a babysitter. Paige is giving me a little more grief.

When my parents watched the kids last Saturday night, she wouldn't let anyone except my mom hold her. My mom put her in the middle of her bed with toys all around her (and Maddie, Gavin, and my dad in the room), and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. Paige immediately started to scream. So, she put her on the floor in the bathroom with toys all around her and got in the shower. Paige still screamed bloody murder. My dad had to hold Paige up to see over the top of the shower. As long as Paige could see my mom, she wouldn't cry.
Paige's Development (10 months):
  • Paige loves to stand on her own (she occasionally takes a step), walks on the furniture, and zooms around the house on her walker. She loves to dance and clap. She also loves to splash in the bathtub.
  • Paige loves to eat "real" food, and she can eat pretty much anything we're eating. Her all-time favorite is a banana. If she sees any of us with a banana in hand, she crawls as fast as she can to us, gets up on her knees, reaches up with her hands, and sounds like a monkey the entire time (ooo-ooo-ooo). She does have a sweet tooth and loves ice cream and cookies.
  • Paige does have a few words (even the ladies at the daycare at the gym noticed). She says "Ma-Ma," "Ba-ba" (this can mean bottle or baby), "uh-oh" (her favorite), "Na-na" (night-night), and she also "barks" like a dog whenever she sees any animal. Her latest trick is pointing while she attempts to "talk." She also likes to gouge out the eyes of any human or stuffed animal.

3 comments:

Matt and Lisa said...

No stranger anxiety last night!!! Yeah!!!!

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

I think she was teething and will do much better now. Of course this could be my encouragement for Emily's separation anxiety... It could be my justification for leaving her to spend a week basking in the sun without children! Now that those pesky top teeth have broken through we are ready for palm trees, snorkeling, luau's, a helicopter ride, zip line, and scuba diving!! ALOHA everyone and goodbye 18 degree weather!