Monday, January 7, 2008

Austin...Austin...Austin

I had it up to my eyeballs with the tattle-telling today. (Although it hasn't been that bad, Austin does go back to school tomorrow. I think it will be good for Austin and Macy to have the opportunity to "miss" each other again.) Anyway...I told Austin that I only wanted him to talk to me about Macy if her life was in danger. I gave him some examples, such as: running into the street, playing with a knife or matches...He interrupted at this point and said, "Or smoking or stealing." I had to agree with him; I definitely want to know if my three-year-old turns into a thief to support her nasty tobacco habit.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Em, you are such a wise mother! It does my heart so much good to see that you are able to sort out what is important and what is not. Love you!