Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Macy's Continued Distaste for the Human Body

Macy was staying with my parents on Saturday night, and my dad showered to get ready for a Ward Party. He came out of the bathroom, and he was only wearing his bottoms. My dad has a very hairy chest and back. As soon as he came out, Macy scrunched up her face and made a disgusted look (she always makes you feel so good). Then she said, "Papa, why are you naked?" My dad tried to convince her that he wasn't naked, he just hadn't put his shirt on yet. When he sat down, Macy moved away from him (she really knows how to boost your self esteem). Finding this situation quite funny, my parents tried to persuade her to touch my dad's chest or arms. My dad tried telling her that he was just like a teddy bear, and that his hair was quite soft. With one finger, Macy reached out and touched his back. After a couple of minutes, she touched his chest. Then, she tentatively rubbed his arm. Out of the blue, and in a very matter-of-fact voice, Macy looked over at my dad and said, "Papa, I can see your knuckles." (Knuckles is her word for nipples, and she's quite obsessed with them.) She is so funny!

No comments: