Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another "Blessing" Associated with Giving Birth: Incontinence

"I don't think anyone will notice that I peed in the pool."
Okay...so I went to kickboxing class again this morning. To start out with, I've had a kink in my back for a few days, so I was hoping that this would help to work it out a little bit. But, jumping or bouncing did hurt a little. I was trying to take it easy, and see if it would get better (which it did). The instructor for this class is brutal, and I'm pretty sure she has pegged me as one of her class wimps. She's actually very nice, but she's this tough cop and she can't stand wimps in her kickboxing class. My aching back is my my first excuse.

Second excuse: Incontinence
At the end of class, she had us doing jumping jacks. Like I said, she's already identified me as a wimp, but to make it worse, every time I did a jumping jack, I wet me pants. She's yelling her Jillian yell (for any of those that watch "Biggest Loser"), just trying to push us harder, but every time, I was thinking, "I am totally peeing my pants right now, and there's nothing I can do about it." She just kept doing more sets of jumping jacks, and I just kept losing control. I was just extremely grateful that I had black pants on. I guess I need to put "Depends" on the Walmart shopping list, and try to redeem myself with Jenn - the Drill Sergeant exercise instructor.

8 comments:

Colette said...

Emily- According to Operah tampons will keep you form peeing your pants.
What gym do you go to?

Colette said...

Oprah!!

paige said...

Haha, that's so funny...it happens to me after only one baby - I have always had a weak bladder & refuse to jump on trampolines ever again. I also try to make sure I am sitting down if I am ever going to laugh to hard or sneeze. :)

Jen-ben said...

Oh Emily...I'm so sorry! I Love the picture...it's totally like my dream!

Amber said...

I'm laughing out loud! That's totally me- ever since having Dallin, every time I sneeze Jake looks at me with his eyebrows raised and asks, "Did you pee your pants?" And the answer (unfortunately) is always YES!

Kimberly Porter said...

he he. Don't worry, you're not alone! :)

Greg said...

I am SO GLAD that I am a guy...

Anne Gould said...

Thank you for that post Emily. I am laughing so hard I am crying. I really enjoyed that. Thanks.