Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Big, Fat Shout-Out to My Husband...

...who sat through a movie with subtitles for my birthday! (What a great sport.) There was also a couple behind us who talked (in a normal voice - didn't even try to whisper) through the entire movie. About half-way through, Greg leaned over to me and said, "It's like going to the movies with your grandparents." (My poor grandmother has Alzheimer's, and we generally have the same conversation about three times in a row.) After the movie, we went to Market Street, and I tried to be adventurous, but it wasn't very good. So, Greg willing shared his steak and crab leg with me. At dinner, I asked him why we were so lucky to have a good marriage. He told me that it's all him. How can I disagree!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yeah Greg!

Kimberly Porter said...

Happy Birthday, Emily!

La Toya said...

Happy Birthday tomorrow!
Hope you have a great day.

p.s. I am going to get that book!

paige said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love the sense of humor that husbands sometimes have...but it's true, they are pretty great. I'll have to talk Lorin into a trip to Market Street & a chick flick soon. :)