Thursday, November 8, 2007

Some Quotes on Childhood

They recently released my wonderful 2nd Counselor, so I bought her a book full of artwork and quotes about children. Before I give it to her, I'd like to share some of my favorites:

  • Love your children. Cherish them. They are so precious. They are so very, very important. They are the future. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them. You need the help of the Lord...Pray for that help and follow the inspiration which you receive. - Gordon B. Hinckley
  • Childhood is the most beautiful of all seasons. - Unknown
  • There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. - Walt Streightiff
  • Kids: They dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music. - William Stafford
  • I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity. - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. - Stacia Tauscher
  • Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. - Garrison Keillor
  • I love these little people; and it is not a slight thing, when they, who are so fresh from God, love us. - Charles Dickens
  • The child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him. - Pablo Casals
  • While we are trying to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. - Angela Schwindt
  • When I approach a child, he inspires in me two sentiments: tenderness for what he is, and respect for what he may become. - Louis Pasteur

My "babies":

2 comments:

Kimberly Porter said...

Beautiful...just beautiful. Thank you!

Jen-ben said...

I love those quotes, thanks!