Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update

Yes...Christmas is still on (for now), and I reinstated all of the bans and apologized to my kids.  I love it when I apologize to my kids because they bring up (again) everything I did wrong.  "Yeah Mom...Remember when I tried to give you a hug and you wouldn't let me because you were so mad?"  Thank you for rubbing salt in the wound.  

We have been sick for four days at our house, and I am so grateful for a four-year-old to be sick because she made it to the toilet 95% of the time!  Good girl, Mace!  She is just sitting here on my lap (where she's been all day), and I actually heard this sentence come out of my mouth:  "Macy, please don't put your finger up my nose."  Greg just started laughing hysterically, and I had to join him.  If nothing else, these three munchkins bring a lot of raw joy and spontaneous laughter to our home.  Jen spoke it so perfectly (so I stole her words):

Might I take a moment to tell you how much I love love love these children! They truly bring lightlifejoypainfrustrationlaughs,criesguilt, and much much pleasure into the core of my very heart. I wouldn't trade them or this experience for anything!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Yes, kids are a little too good at innocently pointing out our flaws.
"Mom, you like the computer more than you like me."
yikes.