Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Family Fun

We had a rough week, so we decided to shirk all of our Saturday responsibilities and go miniature golfing. Greg and I used to go all the time when we were dating, but this is a first for our family. Even though it was 102 degrees, the kids seemed to have a blast. Austin actually did pretty good for a broken arm, and Macy was nothing but hilarious. Greg tried to show her how to hold her club (several times), but she couldn't quite remember. Most of the time, she had one hand upside down and pushed with the other hand. She would just follow the ball around and kind of push it into the hole. They actually seemed to do get along pretty well, and Greg and I were also on our best behavior. There weren't a lot of people out, so we didn't feel rushed, and we really just enjoyed them. It was such a needed break for our family!

When we got home, we did get some chores done. The kids helped me clean the bathrooms (Macy did the mirrors while Austin cleaned the toilets), and Greg worked on the yard. We went to the Provo Temple that night, and my wonderful parents watched the kids. They actually kept Austin and Macy overnight and took them to church with them. When we came to pick them up, Macy looked at me in her most wonderful, sweet, sincere voice and said, "Mommy...I love you!" "Oh...I love you too, Macy." Without missing a beat, and still just as sweet and sincere, she said, "I love Daddy more."


This is Macy singing "Tomorrow" from "Annie" into her golf club. Notice her pink, sequins "golf shoes."
All for one, and one for all!
We went during Paige's nap time, so she spent most of the time in her stroller, and she didn't mind one bit. Notice her teddy bear (her new comfort - a must-have for bed), her "ba-ba", and holding her own golf ball.
They had a little, one-foot club for Paige. On the last couple of holes, we got her out of the stroller. She was hilarious! She had been watching us for 16 holes, so she knew exactly what to do. She was so determined to get her ball on the little "tee." Greg helped her hit it, and she would squeal with delight every time. She would run down to the hole, drop her ball in, get it out, and run back to the beginning. She would try it on her own for a while, then Greg would help her and start the whole process all over again. She probably did it five or six times. I just sat on the grass and laughed at her delight.



Afterward, we went over to the batting cages. I thought I would impress my children by hitting the ball. Then, Greg got in after me. Macy looked at me and said, "Daddy is gooder than you." It's true. But, I totally kicked butt in golf. I owned the miniature golf course, and I beat Greg by a few strokes. What a good day!

7 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

What a nice way to spend your Saturday. It's nice to get out and enjoy time together. Beautiful pics Em, you have quite the talent!!!

Amber said...

Looks fun! And your little Paige is SOOO cute! What a good girl to sit quietly in her stroller when she wanted to be taking a nap. My kids would never do that!

Emily said...

Amber - The 102 degree temperature helps with a comatose child. Trust me - She is a little ball of energy, just like the other two.

Kimberly Porter said...

Macy makes me laugh. I was a daddy's girl, too. Everything my dad did was better than what my mom did. But now, my mom is one of my best friends. And my dad I are extremely close as well. It's the best of both worlds for a girl.

Jackie said...

What fun! I love that picture of Macy singing. Too funny. And how cute is Paige with that little golf club??

Jan said...

We love your pictures and comentary, Emily. Just one question, were you wearing khaki pants and a white shirt, too? And did you really coordinate all your clothes for the family day out? PS Alison wants to be added to your blog.

Emily said...

Jan - How funny! I didn't even notice that everyone was wearing the same thing (I was actually wearing brown pants and a red, striped shirt - Totally out of sync). I got Paige dressed first, and Macy insisted on wearing a sweater and black, velvet pants. Normally, I let her wear whatever she wants, but I knew she would just bake in the heat, and I didn't want to hear the whining all day that she was hot, so I was negotiating with her. I finally got her to wear shorts and a t-shirt by pointing out that she would be "twins" with Paige. But, I didn't even notice that Greg and Austin (his shirt was actually grey) were wearing the same thing. Ha, ha, ha. Yes- I'll send Alison an invite.