Sunday, August 24, 2008

Confessions of a 4-Year-Old

Yesterday, Jackie sent over a bag full of Claire's old clothes for Macy.  Later, I called Jackie to thank her.  She wasn't home, so I just left a message.  When I hung up, Macy said (in her snotty voice - see snotty face above that generally accompanies her snotty voice): "Mom, why did you call her?"  

Me (trying to be loving and patient, ignoring her snottiness): "Well...When someone gives you something, it's nice to say 'thank you.'  I just wanted to be nice."  

Macy (without missing a beat, in a very sincere voice this time): "I want to be nice too.  But I just can't."  

5 comments:

Amber said...

So honest, and so cute!

Elizabeth said...

LOL!!!!! I feel like that some days and I am a grown woman.

La Toya said...

Haha, I feel like that too!

Jackie said...

I love it! I wish we could all be as honest as kids and just say it like it is! I'm glad she likes the clothes.

Jen-ben said...

At least she says what we all feel. :)