Saturday, August 16, 2008

Completely Captivated

I have been completely caught up in all the hype and excitement surrounding Michael Phelps at the Olympics. It has just been thrilling to me to watch him go for 8 gold medals. I was on the edge of my seat tonight while my husband was snoring on the couch. I loved it!

Thanks to Tevo (one of the best purchases of all time), I can record the Olympics and watch only the events and stories that I want, so I can do it in about a quarter of the time. We've also had a lot of fun watching gymnastics (the kids especially like these events), and some of the quirkier events that I didn't even know existed like synchronized diving and trampoline. I've enjoyed it!
I especially love watching the medals ceremonies. It is just so emotional for me to hear the National Anthem and see these incredible athletes represent their country so admirably. It is particularly emotional when the United States wins gold, but I actually enjoy watching all of them. It's been more captivating this year.

7 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

We are right there with you. I didn't know that they did horse jumping. Brooklyn absolutely loves watching the horses. Great times!!

Amber said...

He did it, he did it, HE DID IT! It's so unbelievable! 8 Gold medals! Swimming has always been my favorite to watch because I'm a swimmer, but this Olympics has been especially exciting. Jake and I were standing up cheering during the 4x100 relay and during Phelp's 100 butterfly- I can't believe he won by 1 1/00 of a second!!! Go USA!

Laura said...

We were cheering at our house too. I come from a swimming family and we love to watch the Olympics. I remember during the Athens Olympics when Josh was 4 and he watched the swimming races for the first time and he said, "You can race when you swim. I want to do that." It was so cute.

We were amazed with the Men's 100 meter run too. The runner from Jamaica, Bolt, was truly astounding.

Lindsay said...

Me too! I have to be careful when I sit down to watch because NOTHING else will happen once I sit (including eating!)

Kristy said...

Captivated here, too. Though, I have to admit, I'm feeling kind of sorry for all the other swimmers. They've all been completely eclipsed by Michael Phelps, even when they're interviewed, the interviewers are like "Isn't Michael Phelps amazing?!" And the poor other athlete is like, "Yah, he's great."

Jana said...

Yeah, we are completely in love with the olympics too! Even Emma watches with us, which is so fun! I haven't seen any trampoline, darn it! I did see some kayaking though.

Jen-ben said...

Hasn't it been too addictive! That and gymnastics!! Wa-hoo!