Saturday, July 19, 2008

Macy!!!

Greg went to San Francisco with his dad and brothers to see the Giants play this weekend, so I took Austin and Macy to see Wall-E.  I actually really liked it, even though it was unlike any other animated film I've ever seen.  The funniest thing, though: Macy keeps calling it "Why-Lee."  It is absolutely hilarious!  I stopped trying to correct her.  Even about a half an hour into the movie, she looked at me and said, "Is that Why-Lee?"  Austin was so sweet.  He brought his wallet and he had a gift certificate to Cold Stone (a birthday gift from his friend, Quinn).  He treated Macy and himself to some ice cream after the movie.  What a great brother!

On the way to the movie, Macy ran into the house and insisted that she had to bring her purse like me.  "And I have to put stuff in it."  We're already late (of course), but I let her grab her purse.  She threw in a necklace, a toy stethoscope, some princess socks, and a toy cell phone.  When we got in the car after the movie, she said, "I have to make some calls."  I hear her dial some buttons and start talking: "I can't play right now, Tanner.  I have to go to my Nana's house.  I know you're sad.  Don't worry...I'll play with you tomorrow.  Okay...Bye."  Then, more dialing.  "I'm terribly sorry, Matt, but we went to the movie theater without you.  I know you are sad.  (Sigh)  Next time we go to the movie theater, I will go with you.  Okay...Bye."  Hilarious!  Even funnier with her adorable little lisp ("movie feeder").     
...
Yesterday morning I heard her in the bathroom and she just belts out:
Scenes by the wayside
Tales of the sea
Stories of Jesus
Tell them to me.  
...
Later on, she was walking around the house singing to herself:
You're never fully dressed - Huh (Little bum shake on the "Huh" part)
You're never fully dressed - Huh (Bum shake)
You're never fully dressed - Huh (Bum shake)
Without a...Smile! (Arms out, hands waving) - With the lisp ("wif-out")

4 comments:

Alexie said...

Macy's lisp is my favorite! "My broffer alwayths wanths to thwing on the thwings!"

Brian and Kim said...

Too cute!!! She is a dolly:)

Valerie said...

I love reading your blog. Your ups and downs are equally enlightening to me!

Andee said...

I LOVE all your funny kid stories! It makes me SO excited to see my family grow. Macy is such a character!