Monday, July 14, 2008

Learning

I haven't been much of a blogger lately.  I've been spending all of my free time trying to figure out Photoshop and editing some pictures.  I have been extremely blessed the past few weeks to get in some practice.  I did some bridals (so much fun), and Alexie had her baby a couple of weeks ago.  Kind of funny, but two of her close friends had babies at the same time (one on the same day and one the day before).  Alexie graciously let me take some pictures of Max, and she spread the word.  So, I got some practice with three babies in the past two weeks.  I'm also taking a Photoshop 101 class this month (it is only once a week for four weeks).  I went to my first class last Thursday night.  I learned some new stuff, but I was actually quite impressed with the stuff that I managed to teach myself.  I wasn't completely lost when he was talking about everything.  I actually had a lot of fun!  

Thanks to all you patient people for letting me practice.  Greg looked at my pictures and asked me when I am going to find "my own" touch.  I guess right now, I'm just copying a lot of Jen's poses.  But, seriously, she is AMAZING!  Who better to copy from, right?  I'm mostly focusing on figuring out lighting and some of my camera settings.  I'm just enjoying taking it slowly, and I love it when I learn even one new thing!  I think I'm mostly just enjoying having a little hobby. 

Sheri is in our ward and is getting married in August.  Sheri is one of the girls that went on Trek with us a couple of years ago, and Greg and I just adore her.  She is so sweet and was always happy!  Trust me, on Trek, a happy person is priceless!  Somehow, she agreed to let me attempt her bridals.  I was SOOOOO nervous.  She was a little late to the shoot, so I spent that time giving myself a little pep talk.  My heart was pounding, and I just kept thinking, "What am I doing!?!"  I decided I would do my best to fake it, and at the very worst, she isn't paying me so she can pay somebody else to re-take them if she wants.  Once we got going, I calmed down a bit.  I think we got some pretty shots (and a few just for fun).  















This is my new nephew, Max.  He is such a sweetheart.  Alexie was born with a ton of dark hair, too.  My mom used to call her a little papoose.  Alexie's babies have the best cheeks for kissing.  I love it, and I love holding him.  Alexie has even managed to get some use out of Austin's 7-year-old baby clothes (some of them).  We even got a few fun shots of Abby!  She DID NOT want her picture taken.  Abby loves Austin the most in all the world.  So, I had Austin stand behind me and play peek-a-boo with her while we attempted a few shots.  Can you see the perfect kissing cheeks on her?!?  She hates it, but I can't help it and I smooch her anyway!  Alexie has always had gorgeous eyes, and I just love the way they sparkle.  













Little Zoe was born on the same day and in the same hospital as Max.  How funny!  She is just the sweetest thing!  She absolutely loved having her hands in her face, and she did this hilarious little grunting noise to fall asleep.  Did I mention how much I love babies!  Sometimes, I would just hold her while we figured out what we were going to do next.  It was so fun!  Poor Amber had bruises up and down both of her arms from the IV (she said the nurse really had a hard time with her).  Thanks to my Photoshop class, the bruises are gone!  






This is little Addie, and her adorable big sisters Anna and Lilly.  Lilly is only 2 months older than my Paige.  Hello...Paige...You might want to start growing some hair!  Amber is Alexie's best friend since before I can remember.  She is a brave woman with three little girls, ages 3 and under.  But, seriously, they are the cutest little girls, and Amber is so patient.  It was so fun chatting with her while we tried to get Addie to sleep.    







Thank you to all of you for letting me practice.  I'm really having a lot of fun learning!

8 comments:

Jackie said...

The pictures look great Emily! You are doing a fantastic job!

Brian and Kim said...

Nice pics Em, I love Sheri's bridles. She is beautiful. Congrats to Lexi and Curtis. Max is a handsome little man. You are doing a great job!!

Jen-ben said...

So cute!!!!

Colette said...

Emily those are so good! Your doing great if you need practice on a toddler let me know :)

Kimberly Porter said...

Wow! Your hobby is turning into a true talent. I love the bridal with the close-up of her face with the flowers in front of her. I love the one with Max in the middle of the shelves with "M is for Max". Those are my favorites. Maybe the next time we come visit Utah, you can take pictures of my boys? (I can't wait to have our next baby and I'm already saying "my boys". It's so fun!)

Lindsay said...

You are doing such a great job Emily!

Valerie said...

Emily, I wish I lived closer - I would love to have you take pictures of our new baby! (Three and a half weeks away!) Well, and of all my kids!

Kristy said...

Wow Emily! They're beautiful.