Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lazy Cook

What do you do when you don't want to cook?  I try really hard to cook a decent dinner every night, but sometimes I just can't!  Old Reliable for me is grilled cheese sandwiches (sometimes I add some ham or turkey for a real fancy meal).  For some reason, Greg's mom always served canned peaches with grilled cheese sandwiches.  So, we generally have canned peaches along with it.  (I had a roommate that always served tomato soup with grilled cheese.  This is my personal favorite, but my love for tomatoes must to too strong to share because no one else in my family will touch them.)  When I'm not home, Greg always serves "Mission Surprise" (cooked egg noodles, a can of tuna fish, and some Miracle Whip - Yum!).  

So...I'm curious.  What is your "lazy meal"?  

11 comments:

Jackie said...

I hardly ever cook lately it seems. My poor family! We eat a lot of sanwiches- grilled cheese included- and cold cereal. Terrible, I know. The kids love the staples like chicken nuggets and mac n cheese too. Nathan has been the one fixing dinners lately. He has grilled some chicken the past few nights that has been yummy. Glad to have him around!

Brian and Kim said...

Jackie, you can send Nathan to my house to cook. I'm not a cook. We have a good meal on Sundays but the rest of the week is usually sandwiches. I guess every meal is a lazy meal for us. :)

Jen-ben said...

tostadas, tacos, egg burritos, and turkey sandwiches. :)

Colette said...

Breakfast food!! Its fast and easy. However I never cook my husbands not home for dinner. Poor Leyton!

Matt and Lisa said...

We had chicken Caesar salad last night. So easy. I used a Caesar salad mix and already cooked chicken. I did put a little parmesan on the chicken and broiled it to get a crust on the chicken. Delicious!

Elizabeth said...

Taco Bell!!! You can't even cook for that cheap!!

Or we do omelets for dinner with toast.

Kimberly Porter said...

Quesadillas (sometimes even with rice!) dipped in ranch dressing.

Lindsay said...

Waffles and grilled cheese. And we always eat them with canned peaches or pears too!

Amber said...

I can always be persuaded to get Little Ceasar's! And if Jake's cooking, he has a "yummy" meal to rival mission surprise: mac n' toms- macaroni noodles, a stick of butter, and canned diced tomatoes!

Laura said...

I love to eat, obviously, but am not always fond of cooking. My lazy meals when Boyd will be home for dinner (and I want it to 'look' like I made an effort) are Spaghetti (not from a jar) and Tacos. If Boyd will not be home for dinner, it's usually Ramen Noodles, Easy Mac, or sometimes even Carl's Jr. Pretty bad , huh?

Tera said...

I have two varieties too. If Curtis is home, we have tacos or spaghetti. If he's not home, eggs and toast. Bailey thinks it is extra special if we have hash browns too.