Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Macy's First Dance Recital

Macy had her first dance recital last Saturday. Saturday was a crazy day! We woke up to a foot (or more) of extremely wet, heavy snow. I hurried and took 5 minutes to shovel (j/k, j/k, j/k), and we went to the Ward Christmas Breakfast. We left early and Greg took Austin to Tae Kwon Do while I got Macy ready for the performance. Of course I could only find one ballet slipper, so I had Greg meet me in the Target parking lot so I could leave the kids in the car without getting the police called on me (that's happened in the past), and I ran in as fast as I could to purchase yet another pair of dance slippers. We got to the performance, and Macy did a great job. She danced to Barney's classic, "Suzy Snowflake." Her class was very first, and then she got to sit on Santa's lap. Santa gave her a ballet medallion. She got to wear stage makeup, and she was in heaven! This is just a preview for the arguments we are going to have in a few years when she thinks she's ready for makeup, but I will undoubtedly disagree.

The batteries to my camera died, so I didn't get a picture of her on stage (she has another performance this coming Saturday, so I hope to get a picture then). When we got home, I thought it would be a great idea to take her picture with the beautifully new fallen snow as a backdrop. I knew it would be cold, but I tried to talk her into standing there for just one minute. It went well:She wasn't too happy once she got inside either. All the noise of her tantrum woke Paige up from her nap (thank you very much), so we went in Paige's room to get some pictures. We had her dance around, and we just looked at the snow. It went a little better. My sister says that these look like Glamour Shots because it she has all that fur, glitter, and makeup on.

We ended the day with a trip to the Timpanogus Temple with Greg's family while the kids stayed with my parents. Austin also played in his piano recital on Thursday, December 6th. Since I was the teacher, and in charge of the entire recital, I forgot to bring a camera. Sorry, Bud! But, Greg got it on video. He played "Hymn of Praise" (memorized) and "Jingle Bell Boogie." He did a great job!

4 comments:

Jen-ben said...

Oh my goooooooodnessssss!! I LOVE THESES PICTURES!!! She is so cute, and you captured her personality to the T!! I love it! Have I said I love them yet?

Amber said...

Too bad she's already claimed by Tanner; she's cute enough for Dallin to marry!

Colette said...

She is so cute!! I can't wait till my kids are old enough to be involved in recitals, sports etc.. things I get to go watch.

Kimberly Porter said...

So...when my mom saw these she said, "Oh, I love the professional pictures she posted on that". I told her that you took them and she was floored. These are AWESOME photos. Great job, Em!