Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thank You

Thank you to all of you for your hopeful words and prayers. I really do appreciate all the wonderful people I know, and I am constantly pondering how Heavenly Father works. We had about a day to make a decision about buying this house, and I think about all the people that Heavenly Father has put in my life to help me. I never would have met all of you (and countless others) if we wouldn't have picked this location. Interesting...isn't it. Anyway - thank you to all of you who know a doctor or someone else that might be able to help. I cannot tell you how much your encouragement means.

I actually didn't know if anyone would read the post about my frustrations with Austin - that certainly wasn't my intent. I just needed to get all these thoughts off my chest and out of my head. Greg is worried about me and thinks I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I've talked to a lot of you about this outside the blog, too. Thanks for being such great friends and listening (constantly).

We went to a doctor in Rexburg yesterday that practices kinesiology. This is very alternative medicine. There's an article on Wikipedia that denounces it as science and calls it "magical thinking." But, we're going to try it, mixed with some behavioral techniques and the use of an Occupational Therapist. We'll see!

After Sunday, when I wrote my exhausting entry on Austin, we were in the car. Austin and Greg were singing "Yankee Doodle." At the end of the song, Greg stopped before singing the last word to see if Macy would join in.
Greg: "...stuck a feather in his hat and called it...(pause)..."
Macy: (at the top of her lungs & remember how she over-emphasizes every syllable) "mac-a-no-ni."
We burst into laughter! Greg said it was nice to see me laugh, and it really felt good to laugh.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Emily- you have the cutest kids. I can't wait till Leyton starts talking. That is so funny.

Brian and Kim said...

Emily, I wrote back on my blog to you. I am willing to give you any resources or information that I can come up with. I understand your frustrations and I want you to know that I think of you as one of the most amazing people I know. I am so very grateful that you bought your home in our neighborhood too!!! (I know, cheezy but true)