Monday, September 3, 2007

Loathing & Princess Training

I took Macy to meet her preschool teacher the other day, and we ran into Miss Deena, Austin's old preschool teacher. She remembered him (of course) and asked how he was doing. She mentioned that she still tells stories about Austin. She shared with me one of her favorites (which I had forgotten about and now remember how much I love).

I guess they were having something for snack time one day that Austin didn't like. He looked at it and said, "I hate that!" Miss Deena very sweetly explained that we shouldn't say "hate." So, Austin said, "Then, I loathe that." Normally, four-year-olds don't use that word, but I have introduced my children to "Wicked."
We went up to Bear Lake this weekend, and we couldn't find Macy on Sunday afternoon. We found her in one of the bedrooms watching one of the bazillion Disney Princess movies. She said, "Look Dad...I'm learning how to be a princess."

No comments: