Friday, September 14, 2007

"Sisters...Sisters...There Were Never Such Devoted Sisters"

My sister, Madeline, came home from college today for the first time (she's an Aggie). I forgot how much fun she is! We got the low-down on all the hot guys at Utah State. And her breakfast diet that consists of frozen cookies. Ahhh...To be "18" again. I remember when my dad told us that my mom was going to have another baby. We laughed at him and said my mom was too old (she was 33 - let's just say that I have refined my definition of "old" since then). When Maddie was born, she was so much fun! It was like having a real, live doll. We've just been having fun with her ever since. I can't imagine our family without her. How adorable is she:
I LOVE having sisters. When Paige was born, I was so happy for Macy because she would have a life-long, best friend (I hope). I love my sisters because we can play silly, goofy games (we like to play the "Would You Like Me If" game, where we do stupid things, act silly, or look ridiculous and see if we would still like each other). I love my sisters because we can spend hours talking and it seems like minutes. I love my sisters because they will honestly tell me when I look awful in an outfit (and I don't get offended). I love my sisters because I know I could call any one of them in the middle of the night and they would drop anything to help me if I needed it. I love my sisters because they have seen me at my worst and they love me anyway. I love my sisters because they inspire me to be a better person.
The first picture showcases one of my better moments. Notice the older sister with all the candy, and sweet little Lisa doesn't have any! The rest of the pictures are of us over the years. Lisa, Alexie, and Maddie

4 comments:

Jen-ben said...

ahhh, i love having sisters too, isn't it the best. secretly i want a whole slew of kids just so they can have eachother all their lives. shhh, don't tell Jasper, he'd kill me. plus, who am i kidding, i don't have the patience.

Emily said...

Jen - I know what you mean about the slew of children. I tell Greg all the time that we have to have more so they have each other when we aren't around anymore! But, you're also right, I definitely don't have the patience!

Alexie said...

Yes yes yes, my sisters are sooo cool! Curtis and i now sit down and read youyr blog together and he especially loved the halloween picture. What is Lisa supossed to be, anyway? I mean, perhaps she didn't get any candy becasue no one could tell what she was. I think we should all wear hats like that this year.

Brian and Kim said...

Ok, both of you gals have a slew of patience. Why do you think that I look up to you so much!!! And your sisters are so funny. I've loved getting to know all of your sisters. They are hilarious. Honestly, what would it be like to never have a sister who you can be yourself with and know they will always love you. While you two have your slew of babies, I'll come over and play with them!!!