Wednesday, July 29, 2009

WARNING: Oozing With Romantic Corny-Ness

Ten years ago, I knelt across an alter (with tears in my Dad's eyes) and made vows to a man that I thought I loved deeply. Year after year, those vows take on more depth and meaning as (with tears in my eyes) I begin to understand "love." Ten years later, I am overcome with gratitude to this amazing man for walking by my side, adoring me along this journey, and giving me everything I need in order to truly love deeply.
Greg,
I love the way that you love life and how you try to get the very most out of every moment. Your fearlessness pushes me to try exciting things that I would never do on my own, and my life is definitely enriched because of it. I love that after a long day at work, you walk through that door completely energized and dedicated to me, the five little "Mini Me's" that we've created, and the eternal concept of "family." I love that infectious laugh of yours. I love the feel of your fingers interlaced with mine. I love the way you "tell it like it is" and put me in my place when I deserve it. I love the way that you melt when I cry, and I definitely love the fact that after numerous pregnancies, your eyes occasionally check me out like the night we met. I love that everything you are is what gives my life purpose.
Thank you. I love you...so much.

6 comments:

Michelle Arnett said...

Poor on the Cheese. I love it. I loved this post. What a beautiful tribute. We are so blessed to have such wonderful men in our lives! Loves. And, thanks for the heart to heart.

Lindsay said...

Ok now, that was tender!

Xazmin said...

That was beautiful! How are you guys? I miss seeing you. I hope you are all having a wonderful summer. p.s. Let me know when you're up for some photography!

Jackie said...

Happy Anniversary! Beautiful roses- beautiful couple. :-) (How's that for corny?)

Shauna said...

Happy Anniversary! Amazing pictures!

Fauset Photography said...

He got lucky after those I bet. :)