Saturday, August 8, 2009

5 is a Bipolar Age

This girl has been full of IT lately. The other morning, Sister Reynolds came over to help out for a few hours. I was in bed feeding a baby, and I was listening to my girls totally demand her around. "I want this...Get me that" was all I heard. I couldn't stand it! Hello!!! That would NEVER work with me. I really have taught my children to be polite, but any sign of manners seems to have disappeared ever since these wonderful people have been helping out. She can be such a little brat sometimes.
But she can also melt your heart with her sweetness. The other night, she was telling my dad "Goodnight." She hugged him, kissed him, and told him that she loved him. Then she said, "Papa, do you know why I love you so much?...Because I gotta lotta love."

Or the other day when Spencer had on a new outfit. She came up to him and said, "Oh, I like his new costume. I've never seen it before, but I like it!" She is always so complimentary of people's clothes, earrings, shoes, hair, makeup, etc. You can always count on her to admire your new "costume."
Plus, who can resist a girl who lounges about in this outfit on a Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Jana said...

I have discovered that 4, 5, and 6 are all bipolar ages, at least for a girl...I'm expecting 7 to be more of the same! It can be kind of exhausting, and for that reason I am REALLY excited for a boy!!

Fauset Photography said...

LOL, bipolar ages. She's funny.
I love her. Both Macy...and Jana. ANd you too Em.