Thursday, July 2, 2009

4:39 a.m.

Background: Yesterday, we celebrated Austin's birthday with an official "Friend" Birthday Party (pictures to come).  Austin received several Star Wars Lego sets (his favorite thing on this planet), and his Grandma and Grandpa and friends did not disappoint.  

At 4:39 this morning, the birthday boy bounded into our bedroom and excited exclaimed: "Dad!  Look!  I finished Darth Vader's TIE Fighter!"

As I recall, I was up at that time of the night eight years ago.  This time, the tears were because of laughter instead of pain.  Oh, and there wasn't any morphine.  Happy Birthday, Bud!  We sure do love you!

4 comments:

Xazmin said...

Happy Birthday Austin! I love leggos too!

Colette said...

Happy Birthday Austin!! I remember when he wasn't even 5 and we were his primary teachers..wow time flies!

Paskins Family said...

That is great. My Kieran loves legos too and comes up with very creative things. Tell him good job and I am glad that he enjoyed his birthday presents.

Mindi said...

Em,
Great story! I am just catching up on your posts. PRICELESS pictures!! I still need to come see you...and those amazing babies.

Remember to take care of yourself--I know, I know...when, right.

I hope to see you soon.

Take care,
Mindi