Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

#1. I am quite possibly the least flexible person on this planet (next to my dad).
For those of you who might be confused, this is NOT a picture of me.
#2. What is up with Kid Toothpaste? Is it really possible to get clean teeth with Strawberry, Watermelon, or (my personal favorite) Bubblegum toothpaste? All I know is that it is more important to me that Macy stop whining and crying every night that her toothpaste is "too spicy" than it is for her teeth to actually get clean. I finally succumbed to disgusting-flavored toothpaste to get a few more minutes of peace in my day.
#3. This is Paige's favorite book lately. We got it at the library, and she follows me around all day with it in her hands saying, "Mommy...Row, row, Row. Mommy...Row, row, row." She holds it up to me until I read it to her. She is so stinkin' cute. She now says a few animal sounds: She barks (d0g), Meow (cat), quack (duck or bird of any kind), growls (bear, tiger, lion), baa (sheep or ram), no (horse), and she opens and closes her mouth really fast for fish. Her new favorite word is "bubble" and "hello" (she learned this from the bird and says it with her tongue coming out of her lips for the double "l" with a slight British accent).
#4. It is Day 3 of Summer and I have serious doubts about my ability to survive another two months! I took all three kids to the store with me, and even though I felt like I said "no" constantly and argued about every item on every aisle, I still walked out of the store with a Strawberry Shortcake beach towel, a Scooby Doo beach towel, Cinnamon Toast Crunch (I never buy sugar cereal), Strawberry-Kiwi gum, new "character" toothbrushes, two boxes of different fruit snacks (one box is already gone), and two bottles of Strawberry and Chocolate milk. It seems like Austin and Macy are ganging up on me and arguing EVERYTHING! I'm exhausted, and I feel like the meanest, grumpiest, orneriest mother and wife. Something has got to change! I keep thinking about Sister Hinkley and Angi Rayl who cry when their kids went back to school in the Fall. I so wish that were me. Instead, I cry on the last day of school. PANIC! What do I do now?

7 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I LOVE that yoga pose. I would probably be crippled if I ever tried it...
and I of course love all of your random, genius thoughts!

Jackie said...

I love what you came home with from the store. Now I know I'm not the only one who gives in rather than fight with the kids at the store. I try to avoid taking them because it costs me double what it normally would. Next time you need to go to the store just send the kids down and I'll watch them for you.

And I'm right there with you on the school being out and going crazy already! I never cry when they go back- I cheer. I get tears of joy.....lol.

Tera said...

I can totally do that pose lol! I have been known to buy that gross toothpaste and then my kids think it is too gross to use. who would have thought?

Elizabeth said...

Where did you get that picture of me doing Yoga? That must have been that one summer in my life that I got tan!

Fruit snacks I told you are the one thing that I hate buying! They are gone in one day always!
Summer brings out a lot of begging and boredom. I get begging and "I'm Bored" way more now. It's weird cause Tyler was only in preschool! How does he know that it's summer....I think that they are born with it.

Marianne said...

Clara complains that her toothpaste is too "spicy" too. Where do they get that word, spicy? I even bought Clara the bubblegum flavor this last time and it has a little kick to it and she won't use it because it's too spicy. The good thing is that she won't chew my mint gum because it is too spicy too.

Colette said...

You are so funny Emily! Good luck with summer your welcome to come swimming at the condos anytime :)

Lindsay said...

Yeah, I'm one of those mom's too - I count the days til school starts again.