Saturday, August 4, 2007

I Could Have Strangled Him

Austin's "Getting in Trouble" Look:
When Austin was two/three years old, he used to go around the house singing "I am a Child of God" to himself. One day, my mom was observing him. She leaned over to me and whispered, "He sings that to remind us not to strangle him." Some days, he needs all the help he can get!

A few examples:
I was folding the laundry yesterday when I noticed blue splashes of something all over the clothes. I couldn't imagine what it was. Then, I came to a pair of Austin's shorts. Something had obviously been in his pocket and had completely ruined his shorts (along with about 5 other articles of clothing; several others are salvageable, but now have little blue streaks on them). So, I asked him if he had anything in his pocket. He answered very innocently, "Yeah...I had a paintball in my pocket." I could have strangled him!

The other day, Austin and his two friends were playing in the backyard. They decided to pull my green tomatoes and throw them over the fence. When I ran out screaming for them to stop, hoping to keep some of my crop, one of his friends looked at me and said excitedly, "Did you see how far I threw that!?!" I could have strangled them!

No comments: