Thursday, July 19, 2007

Crazy Makin' House

My good friend Jen has been encouraging (bugging) me to start a blog for a couple of months now. She keeps telling me how therapeutic it is - it's kind of like a journal except you get feedback. She also said that when things happen in her home, she doesn't think about how frustrating it is, she thinks about what a funny blog entry it will make. I put it off for a long time because I can't imagine that my life and thoughts might be interesting to anyone else. But, I thought I would try it for a while. Hopefully, it will be a way for me to keep in touch with some of you that I haven't seen for a while. So...here goes! I'm ready for my therapy!

The title for our blog comes from a play we saw several years ago (I can't think of the name of the play, so maybe someone out there can help me remember). Anyway...it was a comedy about a man who had died but still occupied his house. When newcomers move in, he moves furniture around, takes their things, and causes chaos wherever possible. When everyone is completely frustrated, one of the characters says, "This is a crazy makin' house!" It's been one of our favorite lines ever since. I'm so excited to share our "crazy" with all of you!

1 comment:

Anne Gould said...

Emily,
This is great. It has been fun to read! -Anne